Burj Dubai (Khalifa) was built in 5 years, and now it is tallest building on Earth. In this article I’ll try to present most interesting numbers and records for this amazing building.
- Burj Dubai Khalifa has 828 meters or 2,716.5ft (it was estimated to have 10 meters less before construction);
- Burj Dubai Khalifa is 320 meters taller than Taipei 101 (building which held this world record since 2004 with 508 meters).
- Burj Khalifa employs a record-breaking 330,000 cubic meters of concrete, 39,000 metric tonnes of steel rebar and 142,000 square meters of glass; and it took 22 million man hours to build.
- Burj Khalifa held also word record for highest occupied floor in the world with 550
- Other world record: tallest service elevator (it travels to a height of 504 meters)
- Other World record: the highest outdoor observation deck in the world – At the Top on Level 124
- Burj Khalifa has 160 floors.
- It is 2,17x taller then Empire State Building (which is 381m taller).
- The construction of Burj Dubai is estimated at 1,5 billion dollars.
- The building can be seen from 95 kilometers (if the sky is bright).
- Burj Khalifa has 57 elevators
- 28,261- the number of glass cladding panels making up the exterior of tower and
its two annexes
- 15,000 – the amount of water in litres collected from the tower’s cooling equipment that will be used for landscaping irrigation
- 160 – the number of luxury hotel rooms and suite, 1,044 – the total number of residential apartments inside Burj Dubai and 3,000 – the number of underground parking spaces
- Financial crisis affected Burj Khalifa too which value decreased with 50% in the past year.